News Join our Corporate Office as a Lindal Representative for the Seattle Area
Join the Lindal Team in Seattle as an Architectural Design Sales Manager
Architectural Sales Design Service Manager
This is a hybrid position requiring some days a week at the Seattle Office – Candidates must be located in the greater Pacific Northwest region.
The company has openings for 2 full-time Design Service Managers (“DSM”), working from the Lindal home office in Seattle (Tukwila) and off-site. The DSM’s role will be to qualify and guide clients through the design and planning process to a successful conclusion.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to National Sales Manager Todd Callender at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-892-1291.
● Qualify potential customers either directly or in collaboration with support staff
● Develop projects by educating clients on Lindal’s products & designs, and via individual design consultations
● Site analysis: walking home sites with clients to research / assess how natural environment, climatic, & zoning regulations shape the design
● Execute design services agreements with clients
● Create / present design concepts, Lindal specifications & estimates for design service agreements
● Obtain construction estimates from prospective general contractors
● Prepare and execute purchase contracts for the Lindal home package
● Coordinate with Lindal operations team to assist development of design
● Support the structural / civil engineering and permitting process
● Facilitate the resolution of issues that arise during construction
Required experience and expertise:
● A bachelor or master’s degree in architecture or related fields
● Two years related work experience
● Excellent design & presentation skills
● Ability to develop schematic designs for clients using CAD software: Sketchup, Revit preferred
● Comfortable working with technology (especially salesforce CRM + google sheets)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● An engaging personal style and exceptional listening skills
● People person: ability to deal with clients who are passionate, regulators who are rigid and contractors who are out on the job site dealing with reality
● A competitive drive to succeed and achieve a high level of compensation
● Candidates required to be located in the greater Puget Sound region
The position is an exceptional opportunity for developing design professionals to work in an exciting and innovative industry, to achieve income well in excess of typical architectural firm wages and to enjoy far more direct client contact. During the first year of employment, commissions will be supplemented by a training salary and draws for a highly competitive income, which should increase to an over six figure annual income for those performing as expected. Company benefits of health, dental and disability insurance and an optional 401K plan will be provided.
Interested professionals should send a letter of introduction, their resume, salary history and samples of their design work. Interviews will be conducted in-person and online.
More on the Lindal building system
The Lindal building system is flexible, enabling true customization for challenging sites and demanding programs. A wide range of material options (including windows, siding, trim systems, doors and hardware, stairs and railings) are interchangeable with standard specs to provide an even greater opportunity to personalize. This flexibility is matched by the efficiency of the refined building system that enables the production of custom designs and budget confirmation very early in the design development process. Clients are drawn to Lindal by this predictability, typically lacking in other architectural approaches.
Lindal enjoyed the honor of being the prefab partner in the development of what is now the ICC Green Building Code developed by the National Association of Homebuilders Research Center, and adopted by many states. Lindal was also the first and most successful partner with Dwell Media in the Dwell Homes Collection.
Lindal Cedar Homes, headquartered in South Seattle, Washington, is the world’s leading producer of premium quality custom post and beam, and modern prefab kits. Lindal has designed and produced over 50,000 houses worldwide in its seventy-six-year history. The Lindal Elements, Lindal Architects Collaborative and OM Studio programs offer cutting edge designs by Lindal design staff as well as in collaboration with highly regarded regional architectural firms, and are the basis for many personalized client designs. Over half of the modern Lindal designs are custom designs created specifically to suit a client’s building site, lifestyle and budget.
Lindal Cedar Homes, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.