Founded in 1945, Lindal Cedar Homes is a third-generation, family owned company headquartered in the Seattle area that designs and delivers premium exterior home material packages to homebuyers in the U.S., Canada, and internationally through a network of independent regional dealer/distributors.
Building Information Modeling Technician
Primary responsibilities will be to check Revit model specifications, generate material usage drawings and prepare material takeoffs from architectural/structural plans and generate material usage reports for complex custom homes. Capability to thoroughly analyze architectural blueprints and 3D models will be required in order to ensure complete accuracy and synchronization between all Construction Documents. The job requires an *extreme* attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Building Information Modeling
● Review Revit models and documents through all levels of design, i.e., Conceptual, Schematic, Design
● Review and update model materials, tags, schedules and other data to reflect project specifications
● Read, understand and interpret building plans & specifications
● Review project plans, requirements and specifications for accuracy
● Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials specifications.
● Manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
Document Analysis and Preparation
● Prepare, organize, & enter project model data into material takeoff program
● Draft, Development-, Construction-, and Permit-Document sheets related to material specifications, usages and layouts.
● Prepare usage and inventory reports from material takeoff program
● Participate and provide support for the Revit development team
● Review preliminary specifications with the project Job Captain
● Assist designers with specifications during the project lifecycle
● Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Job Captain
● Maintain lines of communications between architectural-, structural-, and Job Captain with regards to specifications and material usage
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Ideal candidate has strong written and organization skills. Must be able to quickly learn to read, understand and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules. Proficiency in all Office Applications (Google, Microsoft) as well as savvy computer skills are necessary. Must understand the need to be flexible and re-prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines as conditions change.
● Familiar with a variety of Architectural Drafting concepts, practices, and procedures.
● Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit, or related CAD software.
● A good working knowledge of residential and light commercial building codes.
● Must have good communication, computer and organizational skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS in a related field or a combination of related experience, training and education.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Location: Seattle Office
Remote Work: TBD
Contact: Operations Manager Bret Knutson: firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.